This is where search engine optimization, or SEO, comes into play. Organic search is a top traffic driver to most websites, and when done well, a solid SEO strategy can drive big results. Our customer-obsessed approach to SEO is to focus on optimizing for the entire customer journey to consistently deliver the right message at the right time.
We use a range of data sources to identify new content opportunities such as cross-channel marketing campaign data, competitive data, and holistic search data, to develop a strategic approach to growing your SEO footprint. We focus on getting your website to appear in the search results when it matters most and with a consistent message aligned to other campaigns and your brand message.
1. We’ll start with a Technical Health Check. First, we’ll evaluate your site to make sure it’s optimized for accessibility and crawlability. As long as Google is finding your site today, we don’t dwell too much on minor technicalities. After all, there’s no such thing as a perfect site. But we will provide a detailed list of recommended changes and then we’ll move on.
2. We’ll evaluate current performance. We’ll look at your data and ask questions like: which of the pages is getting the most organic search traffic? Which terms are driving to those pages? Are those the right terms? Which terms are we getting traffic from that don’t make sense? Is there any evidence of a drop-off in performance? What content types perform the best? You get the idea.
3. We’ll do a market analysis. We’ll do some research to understand what direct competitors are ranking on, what content types are successful for them, what terms you should be ranking for but aren’t, and much more. We’ll get a full view of your space and how you currently perform compared to others.
4. We look at marketing campaigns across channels. A lot of this will be discussed during the discovery process (how we kick off every engagement with our customers). We’ll ask even more questions (can you tell we’re curious people?) like: what campaigns are running? Where is the business spending its marketing dollars? What goals is the business trying to reach?
5. We create a roadmap to help take your SEO program to the next level. We provide an opportunity forecast to prioritize what content topics to go after first, and then we plan for continuous optimization of the SEO channel. We’ll deliver everything needed to ensure your customers are finding you when they should. From copy recommendations to tags to linking recommendations to canonicalization, we put together comprehensive plans to take your SEO program to the next level.
6. We measure and optimize. Once we have a solid plan in place, we provide ongoing guidance and recommendations on how to optimize performance and make tweaks along the way as needed. Of course, we’ll provide your team in-depth training to help you set your team up for success.